Kitchen Staff Jobs
Website Wilderness Edge Retreat & Conference Centre
1 Hour from Winnipeg
Welcome! We specialize in hosting Christian group retreats.
- Work with the Head Cook to properly prepare meals, taking special care for people with allergies/dietary restrictions
- Assist with putting out food; helping serve in the buffet
- Do dishes and maintain cleanliness of the kitchen
- Assist in the maintenance of kitchen inventory
- Possess a commitment to safe food handling procedures
- Communicate effectively with various populations
- We have private guest room accomidation available at no cost to our staff and you will be put in our inhouse call schedule.
- At least 18 years of age; at least one year out of high school preferred
- Attitude of service and a commitment to Wilderness Edge and its vision, mission and core values
- Possess a lifestyle consistent with the organization’s goals
- Fluent communication skills to include verbal, written and electronic
- Previous experience in a camp setting an asset
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability to undertake “essential responsibilities” above in a timely, friendly, respectful, detail-oriented manner
- Before assignment, each staff member will be evaluated on the following characteristics as it relates to their duties to be assigned: character, emotional stability, health, ability, experience, and education
- This person will periodically work in other departments and needs to be open to other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Maintain a viable, growing relationship with Wilderness Edge Leadership and exemplify that relationship in daily life
- Self-motivated person who can anticipate the needs of staff and guests
- Ability to handle multiple projects and issues at the same time and yet maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to interact extremely well with others
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Pinawa, Manitoba: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- We have private guest room accomidation available at no cost to our staff on a limited bases
Educational Requirements and Vocational Preparation
- High school education required, some post-high school education preferred
- Professional food training an asset
- Must be able to lift or move up to 50 lbs with assistance as needed
- Ability to handle long and random work hours
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English
We are an EOS – Entrepreneurial Operating System based businesses
- Quarterly Meetings
- Level 10 Meetings
- Accountability Chart
Wilderness Edge Retreat and Conference Centre helps create enjoyable events by creating clear goals together with the organizer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.